Start, Finish, & Race Day Festival at Pasadena City College
Sunday, June 30, 2013, 5:15 a.m. – 2 p.m.
1570 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91106
The Start, Finish, and Race Day Festival are all conveniently located at Pasadena City College, and free parking just sweetens the deal!
You’ve already done the hard work in preparing your body for the Pasadena Marathon. Now, we think the most important things you can do to ensure a stress-free Race Day are to read the following instructions thoroughly and allow yourself plenty of travel time. Do not rely on electronic navigation systems, as you will need to make allowances for street closures, detours, and heavy traffic as you approach the campus on Race Day.
- To get there from the West, take the 210 Freeway eastbound and exit at Sierra Madre Blvd. Proceed southbound to Del Mar Blvd. Proceed westbound on Del Mar Blvd. To the Pasadena City College parking structures.
- To get there from the East, take the 210 Freeway westbound and exit at Allen Ave. Proceed southbound to Del Mar Blvd. Proceed westbound on Del Mar Blvd. To the Pasadena City College parking structures.
- From the 110 Freeway, Northbound (until 5:15 a.m.), follow the freeway to its end at Arroyo Pkwy. Proceed northbound on Arroyo Pkwy. to Cordova St. At Cordova St., turn right and head east. Cordova St. ends at Pasadena City College parking structure.
- From the 110 Freeway, Northbound (after 5:15 a.m.), follow the freeway to its end at Arroyo Pkwy. Proceed northbound on Arroyo Pkwy. to California Blvd. At California Blvd., turn left and head west. From California Blvd., take the northbound 110 Freeway and merge onto the eastbound 210 Freeway (this exchange will happen within a minute of returning to the 110 Freeway). Exit Sierra Madre Blvd. and proceed southbound to Del Mar Blvd. Proceed westbound on Del Mar Blvd. to the Pasadena City College parking structures.
- To view a Race Day Parking Diagram, click here or paste this link into your browser: http://www.pasadenamarathon.org/general-event-info/getting-here/parking
- Getting dropped off by a kindly chauffeur? Drop-off locations are on Colorado Blvd., just east of Allen Ave., on both sides of the street:
- From Sierra Madre Blvd., west on Colorado Blvd.
- From Allen Ave., east on Colorado Blvd.
- From the South, Arroyo Pkwy. to California Blvd., east to Allen Ave., north to Colorado Blvd., east to drop-off
- Please take into account that there will be a few “roadblocks” along the way:
- Beginning at 5:00 a.m. on Race Day, Pasadena Police will begin securing the route and assume control of the streets. Vehicular access will be allowed only on streets not affected by the route and at designated intersections along the route. Streets will reopen on a rolling basis based on a 15-minute per mile pace, with a complete curse reopening by 2:00 p.m.
- The Seco/Mountain on- and off-ramps from the 210 Foothill Freeway (northbound and southbound) will be closed from 5:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. on Race Day. Additionally, the Orange Grove Blvd. off-ramp from the 134 Freeway (eastbound) will be closed from 5:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. All other freeway ramps will remain open.
- Let Metro get you there! If you want to avoid driving altogether and take home a free goodie (while supplies last), go Metro! Click here for details or paste this link into your browser: http://www.metro.net/service/discounts/family-friendly/kp-pasadena-marathon/